Finding motivation and pushing boundaries daily can be difficult. It’s so easy to hit the snooze alarm before an early morning workout, or pass up an evening workout for a Netflix sesh. Committing to the mindset of, “I can and I will” is the difference between making strides in goals and procrastinating them. Whether you are struggling to stay on track with goals or fighting to find the motivation for a new routine, we find it helps to remind ourselves why we started and look to some of the greats for inspiration.
For that reason, we pulled some of the best motivational quotes we use to inspire ourselves daily and remind ourselves why we do what we do.
1. “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?” — Greg Plitt, fitness model
2. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” — Unknown
3. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” — Aristotle
4. “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” — Unknown
5. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
6. “You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.” — Arthur Ashe
7. “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” — George Halas
8. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” — Wayne Dyer
9. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” — Oprah Winfrey
10. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” — Rabindranath Tagore
Feeling all fired up? Commit to a Tough Mudder course IRL and show the world what you’re made of.